Thursday 7 August 2014

Old Age Spot-Treatment with Tretinoin Cream 0.25 & 0.05

My dermatologist said my skin is fairer and does not allergic to Tretinoin 0.25% after using Tretinoin 0.25% for 3 months. He asked me to continue to use it on my whole face every night on clean, washed face, avoiding the eye area, both side of nostrils and around the lip area as the skin is sensitive on those areas. In addition, he asked me to apply Tretinoin 0.5% on the old age spots. As for the neck, he said most people find it sensitive to use on neck. Yes, I felt itchy on my necks when I tried on my neck. So, leave the neck out.

He has also asked me to use Tretinoin 0.5% on my hands. I must remember
1.  to wash off the cream on my face and hands the next morning as the sun will cause 'chemical' reaction on the cream, and make the skin more vulnerable to UV, causing more spots.
2.  to use sun block on my face and hands
Checking the information, I found out that the active ingredient in tretinoin is Retin A. It breaks down in sunlight. In KK, every day is hot. So hot that I can dry almost anything under the sun in a day. Just imagine how much sun I have exposed to over these 53 years.






No comments:

Post a Comment