Saturday 2 August 2014

Cosmetic Products with Tretinoin

The Malaysian Health Ministry bans cosmetic products containing Tretinoin and Hydroquinone because they could cause reddening of the skin, discomfort and skin hypersensitivity.

I have been using Tretinoin cream since Jun after seeing my dermatologist for my old age spot problem. The doctor asked me to apply the cream thinly on my face at night and wash off when I wake up in the morning. He reminds me to avoid sun after using, and to put on sun screen at all time. Otherwise the old age spots will get worse than not using Tretinoin.

I don't use it every night if I know I have to drive a lot the next day. About 70% of the time, I use it. After applying on my face, I feel tightening sensation of my skin. I don't have second opinion to observe the changes in my house as my husband and my sons don't seem to bother about my concern. Haha. Anyway, probably the very fine lines on my forehead has gone, and my face looks fairer. 

My bed is just next to the window. I usually draw open the curtain so that there is good ventilation in the room. The sun rises around 6am every morning. I always wake up to the sunlight,worrying about the chemical reaction it can have on the tretinoin on my face, I immediately get up to wash my face and to put on sun screen. Frankly speaking, I feel quite burden to get up as my natural intention is to continue sleeping.

Seeing the news about tretinoin, I have a good reason to discontinue for a while. Next Thursday is my next appointment with the doctor. I shall inquire him on this to decide on my next move. 爱美是女人的天性。爱美就失去很多的自由。


No comments:

Post a Comment