Wednesday 6 March 2013

Selling Insurance and Unit Trust

For almost one year, I have been drifted away further and further from my work activities. I get to dislike approaching people for investing in unit trust and insurance protection.  As I stay longer in this line of business, I am more and more convinced that unit trust and insurance marketing departments are only interested getting sales, instead of making money and providing proper insurance for clients.

I took the effort to complete my study on Financial Planning, and obtained the certification as Registered Financial Planner. I joined the Financial Planning Company because I felt that being a tied agent to insurance company, no other insurance policy is good other than what you are selling. I don't agree with asking people to surrender their policies to buy from me. However, this is what agents are doing, especially those who are "successful" in their insurance career. This goes against my principle. Sadly to find out that Financial Planning Company are also more concerned with sales than giving proper advise to clients. Guess this line of business is not for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment