Sunday 6 July 2014

Using Retacnyl treatinoin 0.025% on Pigmentation

The Dermatologist prescribed me with Retacnyl Treatinoin 0.025% to apply on my face. I am to use it at night and to wash it off the next morning. This will lighten the facial color and to rebuild collagen to reduce fine lines. In order to ensure my skin can tolerate the cream, the doctor wants me to use it on alternate night for the first week. If that goes well, I shall use it every night and wash it off the next morning. After 2 weeks, I can request for another cream to dot on the age spot. My skin may become dry or flaky. I am reminded to put on sun block at least twice a day, or every 3 to 4 hourly. Should I go under the sun without sun block, the efforts of using Rectacnyl would be null. He told me that the age spots will be darker because the areas without spots will become fairer, thus cause the spots to look darker.

There are two noticeable spots on my right leg. Dr said he can burn them away but I want to see how my face react to the cream first.

I am so concerned with the sun exposure I am getting everyday as everyday has been so sunny and so hot. My sister doesn't seem to bother and she even purposely expose to the sun saying that it is good for strengthening bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment