Friday 28 September 2012

Rat in the kitchen

Look at the dark spot. I noticed this rat dropping on Wednesday morning when I walked into the kitchen. A rat in my kitchen hiding somewhere! I washed whatever left on the kitchen table top once more and wiped the table to ensure no trace of rat dirt.

In the afternoon after I fetched my son from school, we stopped at the sundry shop at Taman Pelangi. The lady boss sells all kinds of things. Whatever you want for your house, she has it. This time, I had a clear vision -- a rat trap to catch the rat intruding my kitchen!

The trap was left under the sink with a bait (chicken bone) in it. I was very sure the rat hid at the dark corner but I dare not to disturb the hiding place in fear of the rat running into my house.



The next morning, this was what I saw!


The sundry shop lady boss asked us to drown the rat in the water. Then leave the trap under the sun to remove smell the rat might leaves behind. She said rat leaves behind smell to indicate the place is owned by it. Therefore, we need to remove the smell so that other rat will go into the trap.

Anyway, I didn't drown the rat. I chose to leave the trap with the rat inside in the open. After occasional rain and hot sun, the rat was dead. My son helped me to remove the rat into a plastic bag and threw into the rubbish bin.

Next mission is to catch another bigger rat which I saw last night outside the kitchen. In fact, I think I smelled the rat a few weeks ago. Finally, I saw it yesterday. Tomorrow will be the day to trap this rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment