Monday 1 October 2012

Avocado Plant

Got some avocado from my hubby's auntie two years back when she came to KK. As usual, if she dropped by my house from Tenom, she would give me fruits.

I like to eat avocado with honey. Normally I'll cool the avocado in the fridge before I scope it out to eat with honey or sugar.

I threw the seed at my backyard and it grew into about 1 foot tall. My hubby helped me to dig it out and grew it somewhere in the middle of my backyard. It grew very well up to about 7 feet. The leaves were vividly green. I just like to look at the tree to see it grow.

After several days of heavy raining, I noticed the leaves drooping. It seemed as though the leaves had no strength to lift up their happy faces. In a few days, the leaves became brown, the tree is dying.

My part-time Indonesian maid asked me why the tree dies. I don't know. I can't grow papaya at my backyard as well. After a certain height, the papaya tree dies just like the avocado tree. I suppose the root is rotten with the soaking water underneath.

It's quite sad to see a healthy growing tree suddenly dies away.



No comments:

Post a Comment