Thursday 4 October 2012

Mr.Wong's Personal Financial Planning's Workshop

Mr. Wong KS is a well known Financial Planning speaker in Chinese speaking community. He was a regular financial planning speaker at Ai-FM. He was also invited to give talk and to conduct workshop in Kota Kinabalu and Tawau.

I had listened to his talk several times over the radio. I like his sharing. Because of his popularity, he was invited to conduct workshops at one of the church several times in Kota Kinabalu. Mr. Wong KS charged RM3300 for the workshop. If you want to attend the same workshop again, you pay 1/3 of the original price. I personally find this very, very expensive. Surprisingly, many people are willing to pay for that amount of money in order to know how to manage their money. One of my customer attended his workshop, and called me to tell me now she knows what she wants for her life insurance. When I met her up to review her policy, she told me that she wants to increase her critical illness cover to RM100K. Naturally, I asked her why RM100K? She said Mr.Wong said so. In Kota Kinabalu, most people are very innocent. They come to adore a person easily. And whatever the person said, they just follow faithfully without asking why.

My customer continued to tell me that her income will be allocated according to 2116 formula. 20% saving for financial independence, 10% for protection, 10% for children's education and 60% for living expenses. This is a good guideline, but keep in mind that this is a general guideline. If I have big income, there is no need for me to spend 60%. I can save more. If I am a single person, I don't need so much protection.

Nevertheless, at least, by attending the workshop, these attendants are more aware of their spending and their investment, hopefully.



1 comment:

  1. Financial planning is a life-long commitment to taking care of your money. Good financial planning can have great impact on your life.
    Personal financial planning

    ReplyDelete